In 2016, three Australian teams entered the competition and two were finalists – they were sent to Tokyo to present their projects at the Forum8 Design Festival.
This year the location for the competition is Yangon in Myanmar.
In the VDWC, teams of students compete to design an innovative model for a real urban plan and present it virtually. This may be approached from various angles – urban design, architecture, BIM, sustainability, transport planning, etc – and ideally the teams comprising 3 or more students have a mix of skills.
This year the topic for the competition is Yangon, Myanmar.
- Forum8 provides a base 3D model and loans a range of software for the duration of the project.
- Registration is open now until June 21.
- Students have 5 months to complete the project – due October 4.
- Training by webinar etc (or possibly face-to-face in Australia) is provided for each software
- Team members of shortlisted projects are invited to Tokyo at Forum8 expense to participate in the final judging and awards presentation, which this year will be in mid November.
- There are monetary prizes for the winning teams.
Details on the project are online now: http://vdwc.forum8.co.jp/English/
There is also a Cloud Programming World Cup (CPWC), a competition to develop a new feature/plugin for Forum8 software using the SDK.
See here: http://cpwc.forum8.co.jp/English/
For further information:
Forum8 AU Pty Ltd
Tel: 02-9130-1448 Mob. 0418-214-118